Spiritual Benefits of a Christian Education
Academic Benefits of a Christian Education
1. Since 1974 ACSI schools have scored significantly higher than the national norm in every grade level on a national achievement test.
2. ACSI school students read at least one grade level above the national averages as measured on a national achievement test.
3. ACSI schools average more required course credits in math, science, English, biblical studies, civics, social studies, art and music, and physical education than all other programs surveyed.
4. ACSI school graduates attend college at a significantly higher rate than the national average.
5. Christian school graduates are more likely to attend a religious university and obtain more years of higher education than their public school peers.
1. Christian school graduates donate significantly more money to their churches, religious causes, and other charitable causes overall.
2. A greater percentage of ACSI schools offer missions and social service trips both in the United States and Canada.
3. Christian school graduates give more of their time to volunteer in their congregations, on mission trips, and on relief/aid trips.
4. ACSI schools have greater student involvement in community service, politics, and fine arts than public schools.
5. Christian school graduates have a stronger sense of direction in their lives and are more confident in their ability to deal with life challenges than their peers.
Sources: Cardus Education Survey, 2011, and ACSI 2010/2011 Member Survey.